custom icons-- ?

Rich Lague laguer at ucs.orst.edu
Thu Sep 1 18:35:52 EDT 2005

I’m trying to put a custom icon on an app I have made for Mac X and
Windows.

I made an icon in Iconographer X 2.5 and selected it in standalone
settings dialog, but I still ended up with a generic icon on my app. I
then carefully read the directions for Iconographer. It says that you
still have to open them in  “Iconographer, Icon Composer, or another
icon tool” if you want to be able to see your icon.

(I had even less success with Windows. When I try to select the icon in
the standalone settings dialog it refuses to select it because I don’t
have the 9 required sizes.)

I re-opened the icon in Iconographer-- no change in the result. I would
like to try opening it in Icon Composer, but I can’t find the program.

I found posts on the Apple site that says Icon Composer is included
with system X, but I can’t find it. (I searched my startup drive and
looked at the install cds, system 10.2.8)

So, my main question:

	Is there an easy way to create and add a custom application icon to a
program made in Revolution?

	If there is not an easy way, where can I get Icon Composer?

Thanks,

Rich Lague