Arrays in Revolution

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 1 16:59:40 EDT 2005

On 8/31/05 9:32 PM, "Ben Fisher" <jamon.ben at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wrote a cool library for working with arrays and matrices. Even
> if you don't use arrays too often, I encourage you to check it out.
>
> It has useful functions like Push, and its split and join functions
> don't mess with your strings the way the built-in functions do. I also
> wrote functions for array equality, searching an array, and two
> dimensional arrays.
>
> If you're interested, documentation explaining everything is online at
> http://www.angeltowns2.net//jamonben/libarrayutil.pdf.
>
> The stack is on RevOnline:
> User Space:    benJam
> Stack:       libArrayUtil 1.0
>
> -Ben
>
> Please give me feedback and tell me if you plan on using it. I can add
> more features if there is interest.

I just read the documentation, and it looks really cool, Ben! I'll let you
know when I use it. One thing, though... it would be great if there was some
option to make it 1-based instead of 0-based. I can't tell you how many
times in other languages I've been caught offguard and referenced the wrong
element or had to do some math to figure out what element is which. In fact,
when VB went to VB.NET and lost the "Option Base 1" command directive, I
internally grimaced...

:-)

Thanks for listening,

Ken Ray