Problem with editable field -

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Oct 31 00:07:25 EST 2005

Hi Christian,

What the standalone builder does, is remove the substack from the stack,
in effect making it a stack which as Troy correctly notes, is no longer
a substack (sat that 5 times quickly;-))

Actually, I never use this 'feature' as I always embed some library
substacks within the main stack. In fact, it's a feature introduced by
the Rev IDE and I don't believe was available in previous MetaCard
versions. Frankly, IMO, it ends up confusing people regarding stack
architecture.

A good stack architecture white paper would be a good thing to see
sometime. I believe Todd Geist has been asking about such a document for
some time now.

best,
Chipp