Plain text or Unicodetext?

Marcus van Houdt marcus at runrev.com
Sun Oct 30 09:28:49 EST 2005

Hello,

At present there is no way to directly check the encoding of the text
entered in a field, however, you can detect it indirectly by checking
the htmlText property of the field.
If plain text is entered there will be no "lang" attribute present in
the "font" tag, however, if there is any unicode present in the field
there will be a lang attribute for the font tag present.
You can try this out easily by typing a line of plain text in a field
and then typing a line of unicode text before doing "put the htmlText
of field "name you gave field" in the message box, you will notice
there is only a lang tag present for the unicode text.

If you wish to determine whether text returned from a dialog is unicode
or plain text, you will need to check the htmlText property of the
field used in the dialog box to enter the text.

Regards,

Marcus