Revdocs on a wiki

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri Oct 28 21:51:37 EDT 2005

Yeah, unfortunately, it's the same problem as the web, writ albeit a tad
bit smaller.

In a take-home exam essay, I had several students providing citations from
wikipedias.  Even worse, after we had discussed in class Microsoft's
stance on their errors in Encarta being less important than Encarta's
being politically palatable, a few cited Encarta.

:-(

This is one of the problems of the illusion of quality that computer
technologies make possible.

Sigh.

Judy