touch screen?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:22:02 EDT 2005

>         The clinic where I work is converting to an electronic medical record.
> We will be using touch screen tablet computers.
>
>         Is it possible to make revolution created applications work with touch
> screens? If possible -- How?

Hi Rich,

A touch screen just replaces the mouse, so when someone pushes on an
area on the screen, it is the same as if they clicked the mouse there.
All programs, including any built with Revolution, will work with a
touch screen.

The thing you will need to remember is that the users won't have the
fine control that a mouse gives, so make the buttons larger than
normal. Also, you can't right-click and double-clicking is not easy.
You may want to hide the cursor or set it to an empty image so it
doesn't distract the users.

If you need text entry, will you have an optional keyboard? If not,
you will need to use a virtual keyboard.

HTH,
Sarah