Revdocs on a wiki

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Oct 28 15:07:59 EDT 2005

On 28 Oct 2005, at 19:57, MisterX wrote:

> Compared to a browser, it's also low cost in your desktop! And it's
> fast,
> and it never looses its cookies like bugzilla on win32 and
> firefox??! And
> the wiki's which I've discovered in the past months, despite making
> cookies
> stale requiring you to remember yet another password still don't
> match up to
> the quality of rev's ebook.

Xavier - the idea is that the local Rev document is an off-line cache
of the wiki - so you get the best of both worlds. You can edit using
a browser if you want to or from within Revolution. That is the
basics, it can apply to transcript code, images, or documentation.
The questions for me are just establishing exactly which are the best
tools to do the job, and secondly how to ensure that the content is
open and can work both for the Rev IDE and other developers as a
collaboration tool. Based on a couple of years experience with
TikiWiki - it doesn't cut the custard.