Revdocs on a wiki

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Oct 27 15:02:33 EDT 2005

Perhaps I don't know enough about wiki's, but it would sure be nice if
they could organize data in a form which could be printed in a real-book
format (and had an 'export to PDF' button which did just that, including
TOC and index).

While they do provide a nice 'random-access' interface (search & find),
I'm not sure they can really take the place of good serial
documentation, which has a beginning, middle and end. And it sure seems
like *that* is most needed as well. In fact, I believe the original
RevDocs (mostly written by Jeanne DeVoto) were written to accomplish
both ways of accessing information.

Perhaps Dan Shafer or Jeaane DeVoto might weigh in on this topic as both
are accomplished documentation writers.