Rev App as Windows Service

David Anderson anderson at avinc.com
Thu Oct 27 13:17:37 EDT 2005

Hello All

If you install a rev app as a service with sc.exe. ie.  "sc create
serviceName binPath=pathToRevApp start=auto"
The app starts as expected, but then the system expects to get
something back from the rev app, times out and terminates the rev app.

I know about "instsrv serviceName srvany" and then going into the
registry and setting up the parameters to point to the rev app.

I was hoping someone knew how to set up the rev app to act like a
service and give the system what it is looking for, so that all that is
needed is to run sc and not worry about having "instsrv" or "srvany" on
the machine.

Any one have any answers?

Thanks,
Dave Anderson