working method?

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Oct 26 23:07:06 EDT 2005

Charles,

Depending on the size and complexity, you could take several
approaches --I just have one.

The main application I am developing has just 1 stack and 1 card.  I
put all the data crunching routines in the stack script and all the
UI routines in the card script.  I only put other significant scripts
into a few major buttons (like Print or Select File...).  All the
rest of the UI elements call handlers in the card script if they even
have a script.  I combine a lot of UI element scripts by passing an
argument or simply using "the target".  It has been a snap to keep
track of, but I only have 3000 lines of code and 200 handlers in 370
UI elements --not much by most standards.

Dennis