working method?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 26 22:31:30 EDT 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:
> I know this is going to sound like a *really* dumb question, if only
> because it's so vague. But I'm wondering how people adjust their
> workflow to the way Transcript's code is dispersed among many  separate
> scripts.
>
> I keep getting lost. I keep forgetting where my code is that does
> such-and-such. (Which script was that in?) So I keep losing track of
> what I was about to do next, and my concentration falls apart. It's
> making Rev *much* slower for me to program in than supposedly more
> complicated languages like Python and C++.

Why not break the code up into logically grouped chunks in libraries?

I tend to put as little code as necessary into UI elements, and have UI
scripts call library routines.  Most is in the libraries, broken up by
related functionality into things like Menus, Files, Utils, etc.  Of
course Rev has no size limit to scripts so I could put it all in one
massive library if needed, but breaking it up along logical lines helps
me get to the part I need quickly.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal