Phishy Paypal -- "those guys pushing the envelope"

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Oct 25 14:59:23 EDT 2005

>Erik Hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>  i did forward a phishy message to PayPal
>>  and got an immediate response.
>
><me, too>
>me, too!
></me, too>
>
>and got (almost) immediately 2 PayPal scams!
>
>seems that those ù$^)* are very active...
>
>--
>Revolutionario

Is it possible a trojan on your computer is
covertly sending copies of your email to a bad
guy? As I understand it, the average Windows
machine connected to the internet is infected
with a couple of dozen malware items.

Otherwise, it's likely a coincidence. I get two or three phishing spams a day.

Tim