docWikis

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Oct 25 12:35:08 EDT 2005

>Timothy Miller wrote:
>>I think your best strategy would be to convince potential
>>participants that their contributions will get recycled into other
>>revDocWikis if yours does not grow and thrive. Accordingly, no
>>contribution will ever be wasted.
>
>I'm coming in late, so forgive me is this has already been answered:
>
>Why not use the user comment feature built into the Rev docs?

Derr.... Never noticed this feature. No one on this thread, which has
trickled on and off for months, has mentioned it. Didn't know it
exists. Waitaminnit...

Okay, I have noticed the "edit web notes" icon, but never knew what
it does. If it's ever mentioned on the list, I've overlooked it. I
see the "download and show web notes" checkbox. I checked it and
tried a few things in the docs stacks, but nothing different
happened. I searched the documentation for "web notes" but didn't
find anything.

What the heck are web notes, and how do they work?

Cheers,

Tim