Constellation: any way to get equivalent of the selectedObject?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Oct 25 12:11:00 EDT 2005

On 25 Oct 2005, at 05:54, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> David,
>
> I am having trouble with the concept of selecting something without
> the user touching it. We could, of course, make a preference for
> this behavior.

? That is the behaviour of Constellation no - select in object
browser and manipulate - even though object is not selected (and now
seems not to be selected even if using Rev inspector and only
Constellation Script editing).

It is just that I want to know what object is indicated (but not
actually selected if you get my inadequate struggle for terminology
here) from my own tools / scripts. This would require you to expose
your code as a nice easy API along the lines of Richards post?

> P.S. I hope you get treatment for that virus, too.

Well as you are the infective agent - I'd prefer not :)