Variable Watcher

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Oct 25 12:04:45 EDT 2005

Charles-

Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 4:52:47 AM, you wrote:

> Well, I have a command in a loop that sends the elements of an array
> to be stored in a database. I put a breakpoint on the line with the
> command, and watch the value of the array. I know it's changing,
> because if I re-click the array's name in the upper panel of the
> Watcher, it updates to the expected value. But if I don't do that,
> the value is not "live" updated in the lower panel.

Ah. OK - now it becomes clear. I think the implementation of arrays in
the Variable Watcher is a work in progress. It's probably related to
the fact that you can change the value of variables in the VW on the
fly but can't (yet) change the values of array elements.

See BZ #870, 1199, 1564

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net