Variable Watcher

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:35:15 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Charles Hartman <charles.hartman at conncoll.edu> wrote:
> Well, I have a command in a loop that sends the elements of an array
> to be stored in a database. I put a breakpoint on the line with the
> command, and watch the value of the array. I know it's changing,
> because if I re-click the array's name in the upper panel of the
> Watcher, it updates to the expected value. But if I don't do that,
> the value is not "live" updated in the lower panel.

OK, I get it now. When watching normal variables (not arrays), the
value displayed in the lower panel of the variable watcher is cleared
whenever the value changes, so you know you have to click in the upper
panel to see the updated value. The abbreviated value shown in the
upper panel changes automatically.

It sounds as if array values do not get cleared from the lower panel
when changed which as you say, causes confusion as incorrect data is
then being shown. How about filing a Bugzilla on this? It should
either update or clear, but not remain showing the previous value.

Cheers,
Sarah