database - valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Oct 22 12:43:46 EDT 2005

On 10/22/05 2:56 PM, "Bill" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> I remember when I first looked at Valentina I didn't like it because I was
> moving from MySQL and was used to the many utilties that are available for
> working with the database and Valentina didn't seem to have one. I am now
> using SQLite and the SQLiteManager (and of course the Altuit plug-in).

> Because SQLite does not have foreign keys nor the ability (with the manager)
> to import and export to XML I am looking at Valentina again.

> I notice on your web site that you now have a database manager for Valentina
> called Valentina Studio Manager so it all looks fine except that the pricing
> structure for a single user is:

> $199 for the Valentina/Revolution single user package but it does not come
> with Valentina Studio which is another $59 more. So we are looking at over
> $250 for a single user.

right

> Then you have Valentina Professional which is also single user but works
> with all the operating systems that is supported by Revolution and includes
> Valentina Studio for $300

right

> Then the copy of Valentina that everyone would need who makes software is
> the developer version and it costs $499.

Wrong. You have something miss read.

In fact "Valentina for Revolution Pro" bundle includes
    - ADK for Revolution to develop on all platforms
    - Valentina Studio for single platform.

So you do not need purchase Valentina Studio separately with this bundle.

---------------------------
> I was looking for a single user version of Valentina for one operating
> system with  the essential manager (Valentina Studio) for like $90 and then
> when I am ready to sell my program to someone else or need mult-user then I
> fork over more money.

> I wish Paradigm would consider an entry level price which includes the
> Valentina Studio -- call in the "Valentina Amatuer Database Programmer
> Package" or something.

in fact you can enter into Valentina development for ZERO.
    our demo allow YOUR application work 10 minutes.
    this is usually more than enough to test some feature during debugging

Many developers do exactly this. And when your app ready or almost ready you
can get license.

Valentina Server in demo mode works 24 hours non-stop, so you again can
develop all you need.

Is this okay ?

--
Best regards,