Rev Built-in cursors IDs

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Oct 21 13:08:04 EDT 2005

Hi Richard,

As I said, I understand the idea to bring IDs back into the
"reserved" range stated in the documentation.
But as far as I know (I have just verified), cursors IDs had not
changed since Rev 1.1.1 (the oldest version I have)
So it seems to be a real 2.6.1 novelty :-(

Le 21 oct. 05 à 18:47, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> All built-in cursors IDs have been changed between Rev 2.6 and 2.6.1.
>> For instance ID 202619 has been changed for 76 and there is no
>> numeric relation between the old and the new ones.
>> This is not important for standalones but is really annoying for
>> stacks, utilities, plugins, etc.
>>

> I believe this change is an effort to bring IDs back into the
> "reserved" ranges stated in the docs.
>
> While possible momentarily annoying, this is not the first change
> to cursor IDs and is a better choice than the last one.  This
> change effectively corrects the out-of-range IDs introduced the
> last time cursor IDs were changed (v2.5?).
>
> Honoring reserved ID ranges benefits us all.  So while some may
> need to make one-time changes, just as they did the last time
> cursor IDs changed, at least this time we know the cursor IDs will
> not conflict with any other IDs outside of the reserved ranges.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.