Learning center videos don't play

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 21 12:44:13 EDT 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 9:08 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Someone running Windows XP is having problems running the Learning
> Center videos, and I'm wondering if anyone here has encountered
> this problem before. The videos download correctly and are stored
> in the correct Revolution cache folder, so a network problem isn't
> the reason. If he double-clicks the video inside the folder,
> Windows Media Player launches and plays the video okay, which means
> the codec is also correctly installed. However, the video does not
> display or play when he clicks the Play button inside the
> Revolution Learning Center after the download. He has installed
> QuickTime to see if that helps, but the result is the same.

Jacque,

The video playing in Windows Media Player doesn't mean the codec is
installed for QuickTime.  The videos use the Ensharpen codec if I
remember correctly.  This is just the QuickTime wrapper for the
TechSmith tscc codec.  You can have the Windows Media version of the
codec installed but not the QuickTime version.  You may want to check
this by trying to open the videos in QuickTime player.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com