AW: Revolution back to HyperCard

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Oct 20 18:59:15 EDT 2005

Thomas Fischer wrote:

>Well, not really. I'd like to but I can't get the darned thing to work (using XCode on Mac OS X).
>I tried filtering log files, and there my old HyperCard XFCNs where about 800 time faster (about 50 min vs. 3.8 secs) for an 80 MB file. But I have also a 2 GB file, this would take ages using the built-in filtering.

Sorry, I don't (yet) know anything about externals on Mac.

This may be just idle curiosity, but - are you saying that filtering an
80Mb file takes 50 mins ?
How complex a filter are you using ? built-in filter command or
something more complex ?

That seems awfully slow - the filter command on a 80Mb (600K line)  file
takes only between 1.7 and 12.3 seconds on my slow-ish PC laptop (varies
according to the filter search I use).