Pre-Fab Profile Set?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Thu Oct 20 13:35:55 EDT 2005

I've been doing a lot of thinking and exploring the issue of code/
component reuse in Rev the last week or so. Yeah, I know; I really
need to get out more.

It occurred to me that Profiles, which are designed to deal with the
need for various versions of a stack/app in different languages and
with different OS deployments, are probably the "right" (i.e., Rev-
preferred) way to deal with the few but sticky cross-platform issues
we face all the time such as fonts. Then it occurred to me to wonder
if anyone has written a sort of pre-fab set of profiles that could be
integrated into a Rev app so that the fonts, field spacing and other
issues that crop up from time to time would be handled semi-
automagically at runtime.

Has anyone done such a thing? Any ideas for approaching this? Anyone
want to offer to provide something like this? I don't have a current
need for it but it seems to me that it could almost become a
requisite part of any new app I write that's destined for multi-
platform deployment.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html