Filtering for uniqueness in a list

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Oct 20 09:36:33 EDT 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:

>Alex-
>
>Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 5:08:44 PM, you wrote:
>

>>>put myVar into otherVar
>>>split otherVar by cr and TAB
>>>put the keys of otherVar into otherVar
>>>

>Dang! I never remember about split. Good one.

Yeah - I had to test it out to make sure it worked OK when the secondary
delimiter (e.g. TAB) didn't occur in any line, so I was pleased to see
it work.

>Congrats on the move to broadband, BTW.

Thanks. Now that I can depend on connectivity (almost) all the time, I
can try a few more interesting ways of dividing up applications between
client and servers.