OT: Looking for a cheap web hosting ISP

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Oct 19 19:58:09 EDT 2005

Definitely off-topic - please delete if you're busy.

I'm looking for a reasonable priced ISP to host some of my web site.
[reasonable == cheap !!]

I'm very happy with my main web-hosting ISP  (34sp.com in the UK) - good
response times, great service and very cheap £15 ($24) per year for CGI,
Python, SSH, telnet, ftp, mySQL, ....) - the only snag is I only get
50Mb, and additional space is quite expensive.

One of the sites I help run contains a photo-archive (currently 220Mb
and growing about 20M per month).

My current thought is to keep the user access pages on my main ISP, and
just put the bulk of the photos on some other site that gives cheaper
disk space - so I don't need mySQL, CGI or indeed any other features -
not even backups. Up until now, I've had this "overflow" of photos on
the "free" space that came with my dial-up account (250Mb), but I just
upgraded to broadband, and the "free" space that comes with it is only
100Mb. (cheapest broadband service versus fairly top-range dial-up).

Of course, support for Rev CGI would be a big plus - but not one I'd pay
very much for.

So - any suggestions for cheap web disk space ?
Thanks