ANN - Update of Rev Documentation search tools etc.

sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Oct 19 19:58:18 EDT 2005

After a long abstinence from participating in Rev lists I might contribute
something to the various ongoing discussions about search tools for the Rev
documentation, text fields and scripts in stacks:

I have just updated my documentation search tool (you could update it yourself
in the "readme" text window, as long as the Rev documention sticks to its
present XML-formats, once you have downloaded a version of "Searchdocs").

"SearchDocs 2.6.1" is available both for the Rev and the MC IDE. This
documentation search tool optionally includes "Topics", "Faq", and "Glossary".

Search is "lightning-fast" amd you do not get simply addresses, but all lines
containing the (colored) searchstrings along with the addresses that can lead
you immediately to the full XML-article.

Similar procedures are used in my tools "Topsearch" for searching text fields
and my four-year old "revbrowser", which contains the option to really
fast-search all the scripts in stack.

The address is: <http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>. Go to page "Tools and Samples
for Development".

There are other efficient tools around in the Metacard and Rev community (among
them Richard Gaskin's and Klaus Major's), but it does not hurt to look around.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke

<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>
Wilhelm Sanke, Prof.