Colors within Colors

Martin Baxter mb.ur at harbourhost.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 03:37:38 EDT 2005

Kathy Jaqua wrote:
> Hi Alls Y'all,
>
>     I am using the RunRev Color Palette names to help
>     identify graphics used as imageSources. Are these
> Palette
>     color names used in any other Development
>     environments. Will other Developers know what
> color
>     "Thistle" is?  How about  "Gainsboro"?
> "PeachPuff"...
>
>     I am trying to come up with some sort of a naming
>     system for small graphics that might give a hint
> at
>     it's color scheme.  Any Ideas?
>

>     Kathy Graves Jaqua

Hi Kathy,

My understanding is that the color names are originally a Unix mechanism
- (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Also Netscape established a
similar (but not identical) set that is widely known to web developers.

So the colornames aren't just a rev thing and will be at least familiar
within certain user-communities.

Martin Baxter