Open source collaboration

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Oct 17 12:25:56 EDT 2005

Chipp-

Sunday, October 16, 2005, 10:41:26 PM, you wrote:

> One of the things I really like about Rev, is the longer you program
> with it, the more it reveals itself as a fundamentally sound architecture.

...and I'm *extremely* glad the rev team is very cautious about making
any changes to that, even when it's my own suggestions that get
ignored...

> my code into many different libraries and plugins. One of the great
> things about doing it this way, is you can create 'black box' objects
> which can be abstracted to a level where you can reuse them again and
> again. Another great advantage with numerous smaller stacks, is that
> you're only 'touching' one part of the code, and for large projects,
> that's just fine with me!

Absolutely in agreement with all that. Now imagine taking it a step
further and encapsulating some of that code into a single button or
field or group that's self-contained and reusable.

> Frankly, I can't imagine working on a team with a really large stack
> being shared by multiple programmers. OMG! The hair bristles on the back
>   of my neck just thinking about it. I'd much rather have you do one
> library, and Mark do another and me work on gluing them together.

...and this is the way rev development works best right now.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net