ANN: New Website for TAOO

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Oct 17 02:44:39 EDT 2005

I'm still struggling a bit to grok TAOO as well, Dennis. We've
established that it's not extensible in the Smalltalk sense (i.e., by
subclassing and overriding methods). It's more like a collection of
Rev libraries that go one step beyond the usual libraries by
providing a generalized framework within which you can build apps and
other libraries more efficiently.

In that sense, I suspect it's more like a conventional programming
language set of libraries. You load the libraries, then call their
functions and commands, which are designed to be as generic as Xavier
can make them to deal with the most common programming requirements
he encounters in the kinds of apps he builds. He's inviting us to
create new libraries that address other kinds of programming
requirements.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html