Revolution back to HyperCard

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 01:59:03 EDT 2005

I think the key semantic difference is
Hypercard 'find' as command F
Rev 'Find & Replace' dialog box [a different animal] as command F

In my opinion, the Rev Find & Replace is a more powerful set of tools and
provides the ability to locate hits across stacks, as well as containers,
producing a list.  Then (something I wish the Mac System had) the ability to
remove specific items from the hit list.  Now you would be left with a
residual listing on which to apply a 'replace' operation.

The killer feature for me is the grep (regular expression) that I usually
use in BBEdit or altBrowser.rev (extracting pearls from oily residue)

Also note the popup menu of choices for the scope.
Also note that double click = open script window containing hit line.

This is not something that is easily scriptable, as you can with the HCard
'Find'

Jim Ault
Las Vegas