Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vs TAOO]

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Oct 16 15:40:59 EDT 2005

david bovill wrote:
> So why not go with the flow - horses for courses? Is there a way of
> combining "Magic Carpet" with the interest to develop an SVN / CVS
> integration into the Rev environment?

One man's flow is another man's impedence. ;)

If others like CVS then there's nothing stopping them from making a tool
that integrates with it.

For myself, I think Magic Carpet got it right for the sorts of workflows
I find myself involved in:  it's stack-based rather than script- or
object-based, and in the projects I work in we usually assign owners by
stack and nothing more atomic.

Better still, Magic Carpet runs on any standard FTP server, with no
specialized software needed on the server at all.

But that's just me.  If CVS appeals to others I don't understand what
they're waiting for.  They could open a Yahoo (or other) list and get
started today.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal