Hello science in TAOO [long]

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Oct 16 11:10:29 EDT 2005

Richard wrote:

 > If the user encounters annoyances before the utility of the
 > work is self-evident, one can harldy blame them for simply
 > moving on with their busy day.

MisterX replied:

MisterX later wrote:

 > Monsieurx.com is being revamped silently into Wiki and
 > without the wacky MisterX's adventure content.
 >
 > You can come and preview the website at http://monsieurx.com/wiki

Which earned these replies:

 >  Link seems broken ;-/

 > Yep, I can see it, but can't navigate anywhere.
 > I get "Login Error" everywhere.

The point of my original post was that sufficient testing must be done
by the developer to ensure that bugs are encountered AFTER the user is
aleady hooked.

Who missed the point?

There is a ratio of bugs to understandable usefulness.  Raise that
quotient for TAOO and its adoption rate will change.

If that level of effort doesn't seem worthwhile to you, you may have to
be content shipping commercialy successfuly software at a rate that
leave the rest of us in the dust.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal