Hello science in TAOO

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Oct 15 02:32:58 EDT 2005

let's start with the components:

the menubar:
this is managed by the GIM stack
http://monsieurx.com/hyper/xos/Managers/GIM.rev
Once active, the stack can be resized no problem
(TAOO auto-loads GIM so you don’t have to do this
activate business in general). Rev shares many features which TAOO has since
old hypercard times!

Edit the group's script and you will see

on doresize
  MGMResizeMenuGroup the long name of me
end doresize

This should be obviously a library call...

Let's select the objects group...
This is the group containing the objects or records of the science stack
(stack of objects=group of objects).

See the object menu, group menu...

If you look at the objects bg group's script you will see the library that
is actually split into

http://monsieurx.com/hyper/xos/Masters/Objects.rev
http://monsieurx.com/hyper/xos/Masters/Groups.rev
http://monsieurx.com/hyper/xos/Masters/Categories.rev
http://monsieurx.com/hyper/xos/Managers/Keywords.rev

But in this stack all these components were put into the objects bg script
with the strict minimum to show also portability into a standalone example -
I haven't included the GIM library since you can download this one apart
now. There used to be a huge geometry script before.

Normally (in the finished version), this menu will just have the handler
doobjectmenu, other menus would have dofilemenu, doeditmenu, etc...

For "this" example, you have the stack's objects in raw state (each control
has it's script) so that the stack can work without the libraries.

--

There's a second level many miss which is the magic in TAOO GUI
abstraction...

click on the content tab...

This tab could be named different things such as:
- script
- description
- contacts
- sales

Like the categories group (for which there is a category library), you could
take that group into another stack's gui and paste it into the "view" group
of the object. The view group is what is below the tabmenu "view". This tab
menu can be turned into a field menu (like the index) that displays other
groups (many of my stacks and plugin's options now have this (hotkeyno2,
breakpointno2, etc...)

If you open the Taoo Documentation stack,

http://monsieurx.com/hyper/xos/Documentation/XOSDocumentation.rev

you will see the same interface. What changed? The stack name... And the
label field left of the Objects button (Title, Name, City: etc...)...
Everything else is unchanged script wise... I have other stacks like it such
as contacts, cities, companies, etc...

So as a database or an ebook (meta stuff), it's a standard "explorer"
interface (I built this interface before I ever saw windows!) Changing the
data-source such as using the stack as a front end for an sql or xml
database is in the works - that seems less obvious to me for the moment...

cheers
Xavier