FileType

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 09:40:54 EDT 2005

If you download and use the free utility called TinkerTool (currently v3.61):

   http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerTool.html

you can change the screen capture format to any
of PNG, PDF, TIFF, PICT, JPEG-JFIF, JPEG-2000,
BMP, GIF, PSD, SGi, TGA!  So you can have almost
any flavour of graphic file from an OS X 10.4
screen grab.

Alternatively, you can use variants of the normal
screen grab shift+cmd+3 and selection grab
shift+cmd+4 to put the grabbed info into the
clipboard instead of creating a new file.  The
variants are ctrl+shift+cmd+3 and ctrl+
shift+cmd+4.  I often use these variants to grab
into the clipboard and then paste into
GraphicConverter:

   http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/graphcon.htm

where I can do further manipulation and then save
in any of an enormous number of different graphic
file formats.

Cheers

Peter

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk