Background Group Question

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 15:12:02 EDT 2005

The key point may be scope issues.

-1- Where is the script located?  in one of the groups, the card, the stack
-2- You could use stack custom properties to do this and be available to all
cards and groups
-3- You could use a global variable and be available to all stacks and cards

> How can I add the entries for background object on cards other than
> the 1st card?
I believe backgrounds are part of the stack (not a card) so you should not
have to go to a card that holds that background, and thus use the following
line:
put the number of controls => all (bg1+bg2+bg3+bg4)

put the number of controls in bg 1 = only those (bg1)
put the number of controls in card 2 = only those (bg1 + bg2)
put the number of controls in card 3 = only those (bg1 + bg3)
**however, bg1 is the same set of controls as card 2, depending on how you
have your objects setup [same name, id, geometry, etc]

Catch may be that the same bg on different cards is simply the same
controls, like a shared text field.  In fact, it may be easier and more
effective to use a shared field in a fifth bg that appears on all cards.

I am not sure what you are trying to set/get.  Is this data that is stored
for each control on each card?  Since the long name of the control is the
same even if the bg does not appear on any card, why are you looping through
the number of cards?

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas
[I take no credit or culpability for errors, but must share in any profits
derived from my answers and advice]