sharedVisible enhancement?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Oct 12 14:08:49 EDT 2005

If bg field text can be different on each card containing the group,
or shared by each instance of the bg field then...

Why couldn't the visible be handled in a similar way? With the
(hypothetical) sharedvisible set to true, every instance of that bg
field would be either visible or invisible. With the sharedvisible
set to false, I could hide an instance of the bg field on one card,
but the same field would still be visible on other cards.

I guess the same property could also apply to bg buttons.

I know there are other ways to make bg fields or buttons visible or
not on a card-by-card basis. Several of my stacks do it. But that
normally requires an on openCard handler, or something of the like,
along with a container for data regarding the required visibility for
the field on that card. At least that's the way I do it. It's
do-able, but a small pain, and adds one more handler to already
complex scripts. Maybe there's a better way.

Worthy suggestion? I haven't submitted an enhancement request to BZ
yet. Maybe it's not worthy.

Cheers,

Tim