Use of the encryption features in 2.6

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Oct 12 10:14:58 EDT 2005

Has anyone published a description of how to use the encryption
features of 2.6?

I have a program that stores data in custom properties on several cards
(major catagories) which I want to encrypt. It would be nice to click a
check box to automatically encrypt the entire stack but I don't think
it works that way.

I'm assuming that I need to encrypt the data before putting it into the
custom property and decrypt it when bringing it out. This doesn't sound
that hard but very tedious. The nature of this program requires that it
will be doing this all the time that it is running so it can always be
in a "saved" state on the drive.

The docs are pretty clear on what the parameters are but not on how I
would actually implement this in a real program.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that I missed?

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos