[OT] Microsoft Office's New UI Blazes Some New Trails for Us

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Oct 11 19:11:57 EDT 2005

Devin-

> Isn't this whole malleable template approach to word processing
> exactly what Apple does with the new Pages word processor. I looked

To me it seems that they've taken a cue from skinnable apps. I'm most
intrigued by the "Developer" menu, and although it wasn't expounded
upon in the writeup there was mention made of being able to define
your own layouts. This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, but it
does fit in quite well to the turn-everything-into-PowerPoint dumbing
down approach Microsoft has taken.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net