field as menu?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:59:16 EDT 2005

On 10/11/05, Charles Hartman <charles.hartman at conncoll.edu> wrote:

> Pulldown and
> popup are ergonomically less suitable than a scrolling list (holding
> down a mouse-button is bad, bad).

Before you go down the route of a list field, on my Mac I don't have to hold
down the mouse-button for long 'option' buttons (really menus). If I give
the button a quick click it will pop up and stay open. All I then have to do
is move the mouse up or down and the 'options' will scroll automatically (no
clicking, no scripting required). Not like a list field that you have to
click/scroll up and down to find the selection you want.

I've just done a quick test and the same is true for pulldown, combo box and
pop-up.

Ergonomically I find the 'click-on-button; move-mouse-up/down;
click-on-selection very quick and easy to manipulate.
HTH
PS If you still want to go the List Field option just say so and I'll see
what I can find.