Unicode Users Unite

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Oct 10 21:09:52 EDT 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 5:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
>> I agree that Unicode is something which needs some attention
>> soon.  I  am in the beginning stages of moving an application over
>> to Unicode  as we are adding Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Korean,
>> etc. to the  app.  There are still lots of holes in the Unicode
>> support that make  it very difficult.
>>

> I'll third that.  I've toss the max votes for all Unicode issues
> but I've only 100 and they're all committed.

Everyone who has voted for bugs in the past: Don't forget to check
the bugs you voted on. Declaring a bug fixed does not automatically
return your votes to your unused pool. You have to remove them
manually. With the release of 2.6.1 and its myriad bug fixes you may
now have votes you can shift elsewhere.

> Chunk expressions are at the top of my list.  It's what
> distinguishes Transcript from lesser languages. :)

Amen, brother!

> If I need to write my own parsing routines much of the value of
> choosing Transcript goes away.

Indeed.

Devin

Devin Asay