Unicode Users Unite

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 10 19:43:53 EDT 2005

Trevor DeVore wrote:
> I agree that Unicode is something which needs some attention soon.  I
> am in the beginning stages of moving an application over to Unicode  as
> we are adding Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, etc. to the  app.
> There are still lots of holes in the Unicode support that make  it very
> difficult.

I'll third that.  I've toss the max votes for all Unicode issues but
I've only 100 and they're all committed.

Chunk expressions are at the top of my list.  It's what distinguishes
Transcript from lesser languages. :)

If I need to write my own parsing routines much of the value of choosing
Transcript goes away.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation