little arrows Increase/decrease a field value

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Sat Oct 8 13:43:00 EDT 2005

Quoting Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com>:

> On 10/8/05 9:25 AM, "Eric Chatonet" <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In addition, note that the messages are inverted: up arrow triggers
>> the scrollbarLineDec(rease) message and the down one the
>> scrollbarLineInc(rease) message :-)
>
> Just a quick note for those of you wondering why this is "backwards"...
> actually if you think about a field with a bunch of text in it and a taller
> scrollbar control to its right controlling the scroll of the field (yes, I
> know you can just set the vScrollbar of the field to true, but bear with
> me), it makes sense the clicking the down arrow will increase the amount of
> scroll of the field, and the up arrow will decrease. It only seems to be
> strange when used as an up/down arrow control.

Hi Eric and Ken

I have it fixed now, however, using little arrows; the up arrow makes it go up
and the bottom arrow makes it go down. IE as it should. THe Inc refers to the
up arrow and the dec refers to the down arrow. This seems to be the
opposite of
what you suggest. Have I understood you correctly?

Either way I haev it working.

Thanks for the insight, I find these wee snippets VERY educational. :-)

I haev another problem, however, I'll try and work it out. :-)

Cheers
Bob; Sunny Scotland

PS: Scotland beaten by Belarus.....boooo hooooo :-(