Stack Switching Question

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Oct 6 22:27:21 EDT 2005

On Oct 6, 2005, at 9:16 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> Take a look at the proposal, Chipp. It's to deprecate "delete stack"
> and replace it with two new commands - one to delete a substack from
> its stack file, and the other to remove a main stack from memory. The
> functionality will still be there - just split into two commands, to
> match the two things delete stack does.

Right, so long as deprecation means "it still functions, we just
recommend not using it any more", then that should be fine. Like Chipp,
I have that function everywhere in my stacks.

Though, given transcript's immense dictionary, it doesn't look like
much ever actually gets removed, just updated with new preferred
syntax... which for the most part, is a good thing. Certainly in terms
of backward compatibility if not "crispness."  ;-)

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.