destroyStack, was: Stack Switching Question

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Oct 6 12:57:47 EDT 2005

On 10/6/05 3:23 AM, "simplsol at aol.com" <simplsol at aol.com> wrote:

> Jeanne,
>  It got 5 of my votes as well.
>  But I think there is more confusion here.

Paul, I think the open/close and load/purge ideas are great, with a few
minor changes (plus I've included other terms in use to get an overview of
the situation):

load stack <stackDescriptor>
    Loads stack into memory, does not display it, does not get listed in the
'openstacks'. [Resulting status: loaded]

unload stack <stackDescriptor>
    Removes stack from memory (Note: does not work on 'open' stacks.)
[Resulting status: closed]

open stack <stackDescriptor>
    Loads stack into memory, makes it visible, locks stack from other users,
adds entry to 'openStacks'. [Resulting status: open]

open inv[isible] stack <stackDescriptor>
    Loads stack into memory, keeps it hidden, locks stack from other users,
adds entry to 'openStacks'.  [Resulting status: open]

close stack <stackDescriptor>
    Releases lock on stack, removes the stack image from the screen, unloads
the stack from memory, removes the entry from the 'openStacks'.  [Resulting
status: closed]

close stack <stackDescriptor> and remain resident
    Releases lock on stack, removes the stack image from the screen, removes
the entry from the 'openStacks', but keeps the stack in memory. [Resulting
status: loaded]

hide stack <stackDescriptor>
    Hides the stack image from the screen. (Note: does not work on closed
stacks.)  [Resulting status: open]

show stack <stackDescriptor>
    Shows the stack image. (Note: does not work on closed stacks.)
[Resulting status: open]

That's my 2 cents...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software