PHP and Rev cgi

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 08:18:33 EDT 2005

On 6 Oct 2005, at 10:40, jbv wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to launch a Rev cgi script from a PHP script.
>
> I'm using the following line :
>
>     exec("/home/httpd/html/cgi-bin/........./myScript.cgi 0 $caddie");
>
> and it works.
>
> But the problem is that I need to pass 2 parameters to the Rev cgi
> script, and can't figure how to read these parameters in the Rev
> cgi script...
>
> I've tried :        on startup x, y
> but that doesn't work...
>
> Any clue ?

Try looking at the $0, $1, $2, etc.  environment variables. I think
$1 and $2 may be what you want.

e,g

on startup
  put $1 into tParam1
  put $2 into tParam2

There has been some discussion in the past about how these parameters
are interpreted, (an issue with quotes if my memory serves) but I
think the problems may have been limited to Windows.

Cheers
Dave