Speed optimisation

Dick Kriesel dick.kriesel at mail.com
Thu Oct 6 03:01:02 EDT 2005

On 10/5/05 11:16 PM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> set the twelveHourTime to false --possibly set in openStack handler
>
> function addTime pTime,pSeconds
> --set the twelveHourTime to false (if not set elsewhere in stack)
> set the itemDelimiter to "."
> convert item 1 of pTime to seconds
> convert (item 1 of pTime + pSeconds) to long time
> return it & "." & item 2 of pTime
> end addTime

<snip>
> So do I win the Cupie doll? ;-)

Not yet, Kay; that would be too easy.  Although the "spec" didn't mention
that the seconds might be negative, it didn't rule it out, either.  The
above function would return an incorrect value if there were a negative.
And handling negatives correctly might increase the times and counts.

Hey, Rob, since you wrote the "spec," do negatives matter?

I hadn't heard there was a Cupie doll available.  Whether there is or not,
maybe Rob will award the winner a virtual QP doll (for Quintessential
Performance ;)) ).

-- Dick