Bizarre problem of disappearing pictures on reducing stack size

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:18:24 EDT 2005

On 10/4/05, Stgoldberg at aol.com <Stgoldberg at aol.com> wrote:
> I've created a stack containing several hundred cards, each with a jpeg of
> a radiologic image.

snip

> This indeed did significantly reduce the stack size.   However, all of the
> "arrows" pictures in the stack disappeared. They would no longer appear with the
> command   'show image "arrows"' or on turning on "Show Invisible Objects"
> from the view menu.   The "arrows" pictures could not be found, but strangely
> they still were listed in the Application Browser.   Does anyone have any
> suggestion as to how to account for this?   The only thing I can think of is that the
> original pictures can be found in the Finder.   The duplicated pictures, as
> always, cannot.   Perhaps this has something to do with it.   Thanks very much.
> Steve Goldberg

Steve, if the images show up in the Application Browser, then I assume
they are still there. Perhaps they have moved off screen or have
shrunk to invisible sizes. Check the properties from the App Browser.
You could also try setting the rect of image "arrows" to the rect of
image "no arrows" and seeing if that made it come back into view.
Could it be a layering problem i.e. the image is appearing but it's
underneath the original image, so can't be seen?

HTH,
Sarah