Drag and Drop Problem

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 3 11:46:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

I think there is something I don't understand correctly:

I have a group that contains 5 controls, 2 of which can be the
targets of a Drag and Drop operation.

On the 2 controls that can accept a drop, I have the following scripts:

on dragEnter
set the threeD of me to false
set the borderColor of me to "blue"

set the acceptDrop to true

pass dragEnter
end dragEnter

on dragLeave
set the threeD of me to true
set the borderColor of me to empty

set the acceptDrop to false

--  Do processing on dragData

send "dragLeave" to me
pass dragDrop
end dragDrop

However, sometimes (about 20% of the time) the borderColor does not
get reset when the field is entered but not dropped into, or
sometimes the field does not get high-lighted when the cursor does
enter the field.

I seem to remember this happening before, and I seem to remember that
I fixed it by putting dragEnter and dragLeave handlers in the parent
Group, but of course, now I can't find that stack!

Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Dave