Random Questions?

SupermanSlyr at aol.com SupermanSlyr at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 05:49:40 EDT 2005

I'm trying to make a testing program that inserts random questions into a
field when the card is open. I was not sure exactly how to go about doing this.
This is what I tried to do. I put a field on each card with a few names on
it,  just to see if I had the random thing down. The I made the field invisible.
I  tried to scripted the card to:

On opencard
get random(item 1 of field "ranName")
put it into field "Question"
end opencard

(I know I said the field has names in it. I  just wanted to see if I could
get random text this way before I went nuts adding  long questions.)

Also I'm still not 100% sure how (even if the above did work) to make  the
question occupy more than just one line of text. I assume I'd have  to use
"item" and maybe a chunk operation? Because I wasn't sure how  Revolution knows
when an item begins, and when it ends. I just want to make  a simple testing
program that doesn't always give the same questions. I  know the answer is
probably very simple, and right under my nose again.

Thank all of you very, very much!