can't trust htmltext property!

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue Nov 29 13:10:46 EST 2005

Yes, it would probably work better to roll your own RTF-to-HTML
converters. RTF in rev seems to be pretty solid. I notice that rev's
htmltext uses simple FONT tags inline, which is pretty old stuff in
the web world - in fact not advised. At any rate, the numbers are in
font SIZES 1 - xxx? - not pixels, and some text gets to be HUGE when
presented in a web browser. Perhaps there's a scaling factor, but...

Ideally, an RTF to HTML interpreter would imbed style definitions in
the header, and use DIV tags and .classes for styled paragraphs.

Sounds like a library to me! I love text-munging projects like this...
sqb

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o