Scope Problem on Standalones

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Nov 29 13:03:55 EST 2005

Hi Dave,

Two thoughts:
1. The Ask/Answer dialogs must be included in the standalone if you
use them: you have 2 check boxes for that (Or use the bug reports
feature).
2. I don't know what version of Rev you use but there were real
truncation problems with 2.5.x that seem to have been almost solved
with 2.6.x.

Le 29 nov. 05 à 16:18, David Burgun a écrit :

> The prompt is a string (or any expression that evaluates to a
> string). The dialog box expands if necessary to fit the contents.
>
> However, this does not seem to be what happens in real life! In
> reality the promt string is truncated (not sure at what size the
> truncation takes place).
>
> So when I added the answer command to debug the Standalone, they
> would not work, even though the in the IDE the paths were displayed
> correctly. (Because the path strings were shorter in the IDE??? or
> becuase this bug only apprears in a Standalone? Anyone know?)
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so how do they get
> around it?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software