can't trust htmltext property!

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:00:35 EST 2005

Andre.....

IMNSHO, the htmlText stuff in Rev is so limited as to border on useless, as
you've found. Besides supporting only a minuscule subset of HTML (to be fair
the docs are clear that this is the case, so it's not a bug, just not a very
useful feature), as you discovered, when you go from setting the htmlText
property of a field and then examining the field contents, the resemblance
between them is purely cosmetic.

Chipp at Altuit has an HTML gadget which does some more stuff than the Rev
IDE lets you do and I use it for editing HTML snippets from time to time. He
may be able to shed some light on how you could get closer to an HTML editor
in Rev, but I've looked long and hard at that problem and declared it, for
the moment at least, if not intractable then at least hard enough not to be
worth my time. For starters, the inability to deal with text alignment on a
line-by-line basis in a Rev field is a show stopper as far as I can tell.